On Wednesday, May 16, the Las Vegas Monorail is scheduled to welcome its 80 MILLIONTH RIDER since opening in the summer of 2004. On that date, it will have carried as many passengers as the entire populations of Shanghai, Beijing, Delhi and Lagos—the four largest cities on the planet—combined! To celebrate the occasion and to show its gratitude to its customers, the Monorail plans to surprise the lucky, unsuspecting 80 millionth passenger with fanfare befitting such a momentous milestone.
When the identified 80 millionth rider steps on the platform, he or she will be approached by “Elvis” and a showgirl bearing an oversized 80 Millionth Rider Monorail ticket. The winner will also receive a chock-full swag bag worth over $3,000 filled with everything needed for a return visit to Las Vegas:
- Two-night stay at The LINQ Hotel & Casino
- Two passes for Happy Half Hour, the open-bar rotation on the High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel at 550 feet.
- Two tickets each for BASE Entertainment shows: Mat Franco at The LINQ Hotel & Casino, “Magic Mike Live” at the Hard Rock Hotel, “Legends in Concert “ at Flamingo Las Vegas and “The Voice: Neon Dreams.”
- Two tickets on Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines Visionary Air Tour to the Grand Canyon
- Two tickets for Black Canyon River Adventures’ smooth-water rafting excursion on the mighty Colorado River, including lunch.
- Two tickets on any tour (except Grand Canyon or combo tours) from Pink Jeep Tours
- Two “Fly for 5” tickets to Vegas Indoor Skydiving
- Two zipline flights with Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon
- Two passes for The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement
- Two tickets on the Grand Canyon South Rim bus tour from Gray Line Las Vegas
- Two race passes at Pole Position Raceway
Ingrid Reisman, vice president and chief marketing officer, Las Vegas Monorail
Wednesday, May 16
2 p.m. (80 millionth passenger schedule to ride between 2 and 3 p.m.)
- “Elvis” and Las Vegas showgirl
- Surprised and delighted visitors receiving oversized “80 Millionth Rider” ticket and Las Vegas vacation swag bag
The LINQ Hotel & Casino/ Harrah’s Monorail Station fare gates
Paid parking available at either property.